Saturday, February 25, 2012

My News.

I became an exhibiting member of QWASI (Queensland Wildlife Art Soc. http://www.qwasi-wildlife.com/ ) in May 2011 and I entered a few of my scratchboards into their prestigious "International Wildlife in Art 2012" show which had its official opening last night. 

 To say there were some absolutely amazing art works would be an understatement and I was very honoured to receive a Highly Commended for my 12" x 12" board of Timba, a female lion.  There was an amazing amount of interest shown in my scratchboard pieces and I received a great number of compliments regarding my work, so it was a very rewarding night.

Unfortunately due to reflections this isn't the best photograph.




2 comments:

Serena Lewis said...

Congratulations, Judy...that is FANTASTIC news! It's so good to hear your scratchboard art getting the recognition that it deserves. All the best!

How long is the artwork on display at the gallery??

Judy said...

Thank you Serena, the artwork is on display until the end of March. I forgot to mention that my cards of Moonlight Dreams and Resting Place sold out and I think my Jaguar Cub did as well, so have to call back with more, probablyu Tuesday so I had better check to see if I have any extra.