Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Scratchboard & Oil Painting Progress.

I have made some progress on both the scratchboard "Intensity" and  the oil painting "A Soft Touch" .....still a way to go on the cheetah and just some tidying up on the oil painting, plus a little more work on the kitten.



Last weekend I met up with Sth. Australian Master scratchboard artist Patrick Hedges, who came all the way to Brisbane from Adelaide in Sth. Australia for the day to do a workshop here.  The time we had together went so quickly with our main topic of conversation being scratchboard art, of course, and the new International Society of Scratchboard Artists which is now underway and accepting members from beginners to the more advanced.


Here's Patrick with my "Resting Place" board.





4 comments:

Serena said...

Wonderful work, Judy. I particularly love how the cheetah is coming along....I'm a sucker for wildlife.

How neat that you met up with Patrick Hedges. His work is amazing!

Rita said...

LOL! I wasn't expecting a blue cat! ;) Both pieces are coming along well.
I can see why you and Patrick would have tons to talk about as he does a lot of wildlife, too. Glad you two had a chance for a nice visit! :)
Like Serena, I am partial to the cheetah, too.

Julia Ruffles | fine artist said...

beautiful pieces! the lady has a real look of contentment and serenity in her expression, Jules

Judy said...

Thank you Jules, Serena and Rita.

LOL Rita - it hadn't registered with me that the kitten looked blue until you mentioned it...actually the paint colour is Paynes Grey, still have work to do on him and maybe the next photo will show the true colour.