Monday, October 17, 2011

Oil Painting

I haven't been able to do any work on the scratchboard of the Cheetah due to painting instead and which I have almost completed since taking this photograph, even so, I still have more work to do on the girl's hair and the kitten.


On the weekend I received a surprise note from photographer Gary Lackie, whose reference photograph I used for my scratchboard "Resting Place" - he has some amazing photographs and I couldn't resist asking for his permission to use "Rainy Day Cub"....the link below:-


3 comments:

Rita said...

This oil painting is looking fine!
Congrats on the acknowledgement from the photographer. That was really nice of him. :):)

Serena said...

It's looking wonderful, Judy!

You obviously did his photograph proud...very nice of him to acknowledge your gorgeous work.

Judy said...

Thank you Rita and Serena. Yes it was lovely to hear from the photographer of the grizzly bear cub.