Sunday, October 9, 2011

New Scratchboard & Oil Painting.

I have started another scratchboard - what's new LOL?  Oh and I have also started on an oil painting too, you know the old saying "busy hands!!!!!!

The first is an 8"x 10" scratchboard of a cheetah, the reference photo by Phil Stronge.  You may remember 3 boards I did from Phil's reference photos of Lola, Connie and Maggie.  Maggie and Lola you will find in February's posts and Connie in March of this year.

This board I think I will give the title of "Intensity".  Still a lot more work to do and I am planning on adding colour as up until now I have added colour to very few of my scratchboards.


The start of my oil painting a "Soft Touch", the original design is by Jan McCraw - oils are a medium I rarely use and I just hope I can do justice to this piece,  more work has been done since taking this photo.

3 comments:

Rita said...

I marvel at how you have such ability with totally different mediums! I can hardly wait to see these as they develop. :)

Serena said...

Both art forms are off to an amazing start, Judy! Like Rita, I'm looking forward to seeing the progress. :)

Judy said...

Hi Rita and Serena. I've done quite a deal more to both the oil painting and scratchboard and will show the progress soon.