Sunday, July 24, 2011

Jaguar Cub Update & My News

Firstly here is an update on this cute Jaguar Cub, lots more to do yet but I'm getting there, if not, slowly.


I entered a small local show this weekend and received three 1st prizes.  In one building where painting, decoupage, wood turning etc. is featured my scratchboard "I'm Looking at You" received 1st place in "Any Other Work".


Maggie (Nature Study" received 1st place in "Other Recognised Art Forms" in the art section which is held in another building.  This is a second time prize for Nature Study with it being one of 10 finalists in the Aus. Artist magazine last month.


"Salisbury Iris" painted in oils received 1st place in the Open Section.  I grew this iris from a bulb taken from my Mum's garden and the plant is flowering at the moment.  I entered two paintings this one and "After the Rain" which didn't receive a place and when I entered them I thought maybe the rose had more of a chance of gaining a place than the iris but not the case.


8 comments:

Rita said...

Wow!!! Congratulations!!! Well deserved, too, I might add. I know I marvel at what you can do with scratchboard. Still blows my mind when I see the gorgeous pieces you create. And you also do oils, obviously, quite excellently, too. Kudos!!! Happy for you. :)

Judy said...

Thank you Rita, it's always nice to read your comments as I may have mentioned before - I thought I should post the link to Maggie when she appeared in the Aus. Artist mag.

http://httpmyblogblogspotcom-judy.blogspot.com/2011/05/todays-news.html

Jennifer Rose said...

congrats on all the prizes!

love how soft the fur on that cub looks :D

Judy said...

Thanks a lot Jennifer Rose. Another surprise yesterday afternoon when I collected my artwork is that "Nature Study" received the People's Choice Award.

Rita said...

Congrats on the People's Choice Award!!! :)

Phil said...

Wow, very well done. Sorry I haven't commented recently, I've been very busy with the wedding and honeymoon. (I have some honeymoon photos up on flickr and many more to come, maybe you'll see something to inspire you.)

Judy said...

Hi Phil - isn't Maggie doing well with prizes? I hope everything went well with your wedding and I will look forward to checking out your photos.

Serena said...

WHOO HOO!!!!! Judy, you are on quite a roll and I'm so happy for you! Well deserved indeed! How exciting!!