Wednesday, May 18, 2011

"Snack Time".

I started this 8" x 10" board way back in February and put it aside to use for demonstrating scratch art at my last workshop and now finally, it has been completed.  The original reference photograph was used with permission by Lee Miller FlickR and I have already started on a larger board of a grizzly bear cub,  I guess it will be another week or so before it will be finished.

Today I went to a koala park which is only about 20 minutes drive from Brisbane and took heaps of photographs as I thought it was about time I did a board showing one of our Aussie animals for a change, although it will be a little while before I commence work, in the meanwhile I am also going to attempt to do a board of my beautiful grand-daughter.

4 comments:

Serena said...

OMG, Judy, this is GORGEOUS!!! Just like a B & W photo....so cute too! Wonderful work and well worth clicking on for a larger view.

Julia Ruffles | wildlife animal artist said...

INCREDIBLE! stunning realism, I adore looking at individual hairs :) have a fab day Judy :) Jules

Rita said...

Yes, well worth clicking for the larger view! Want to reach out and touch the fur! Another great job! :)

Judy said...

Serena: Hi stranger! Thank you.

Jules: Thank you very much.....have a great day too!

Rita: You are always there to comment, thank you very much.