Sunday, March 6, 2011

Something Different

Not a scratchboard but a teddy bear rocking chair! 

This was bought for my grandson's 1st birthday last month by his maternal Grandmother, and my son happened to mention that "Mum" painted bears, well I used to which was a few years ago....I'm now past the teddy bear painting stage although I enjoyed painting them on presents to  give my neices and grandchildren at the time.  This chair has travelled about 4 hours by train to Brisbane so that I could paint it, and since then I have been waiting for the weather to be less humid so that it can be varnished before it has at least a 6 hour journey to "outback" Queensland.





I have started on another scratchboard and hopefully will post a picture in the next day or so.

4 comments:

Phil said...

What a fantastic transformation, the new bear looks so 3D. You have done a really great job, I'm sure your grandson will love it.

Serena said...

Wonderful transformation, Judy! I too think your grandson will love it ~ :)

Rita said...

OMGosh! That is really a radical difference. You haven't lost your touch. I'm sure he'll love it!! :)

Judy said...

Thanks a lot Phil, Serena and Rita. Once the chair is varnished it will be on it's way..it will need to be in the not too distant future otherwise my grandson will be grown out of it. You know how quickly kids grow!!!!!