Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Connie.

This morning I received news that the surprise wedding gift I sent to a young couple in the UK who are getting married later this year had arrived!

I had previously been given permission to use photographs of both Lola and Maggie (Nature Study) as reference for my scratchboard work, and on browsing around their owner's photostream on FlickR I discovered this gorgeous girl, Connie.

I felt the owners loved dogs as much as I do and although I do not know the couple, I wanted to do this portrait of Connie who sadly passed away last year as I know how much it means to have a portrait of a pet that has given so much happiness.





5 comments:

Rita said...

Unbelievable!! The touch of color somehow touches the heart, too. They must adore this! :):)

Phil said...

We do, it is just amazing and even better in real life. We were very touched by Judy's amazing gesture.

Judy said...

Hi Rita I thought the touch of colour would add a little more realism to Connie, and as you can see, Phil and his fiancee' are happy with their gift, so that has made the surprise all the more worthwhile.

Marilyn Harris Mills aka Maer said...

Oh my what a wonderful gift. I am still grieving my wee Kramer...This couple are very lucky recipients of such beautiful work.

Serena said...

What a precious gift, Judy!