Friday, February 11, 2011

Maggie

I have finally started on one of the scratchboards I had prepared to do earlier this week which is of one of my favourite subjects............. dogs!  I absolutely loved this photograph of Maggie and I received permission to use the photograph from her owner, who also owns Lola.   The butterfly which was not in the original photograph I have added to create some interest, and which I intend to colour.


My other news is that yesterday I gave my first ever scratchboard workshop !!!!!!  I was extremely nervous at the beginning of the morning but as time went on, I began to relax.  The  workshop was a result of my winning 'Champion of the Show' with my Snow Leopard (Animal Magnetism)  http://httpmyblogblogspotcom-judy.blogspot.com/2010/11/animal-magnetism.html  at Laidley last November. 

The Laidley area was one of the many badly affected by the recent Queensland floods and on the drive to this town there were workmen working on the roads where there had been landslides and parts of the roads washed away.  To see the level of where the water had risen was absolutely incredible. 

Now getting back to the workshop....I was told by the lady who had organised it all with me that she had never had one before where people had been so quiet, there was absolutely no talking at all, so I guess everyone was concentrating and I had some of the ladies come to me afterwards and say that they hoped I would go back at a later date as they had loved learning about scratchboard.

5 comments:

Rita said...

So exciting! Good for you! I hope you do more classes. You know it's a good class when you have gotten people so deeply involved in what they are doing that they're lost in time. :):)

This new one with the butterfly is going to be great!

Judy said...

It's always nice to read your comments Rita.

Colette Theriault said...

Congrats Judy on your first workshop...I too presented my first workshop just 2 weeks ago and the overwhelming silence and attention of my students led me to believe everybody was taking me seriously! They too want me to go back for a 2 -day ws. With practice, I hope my nerves will calm down too! Lovely start so far on the cute dog pose!! Cheers, and thanks for commenting on my blog!

Judy said...

Thank you Colette....I guess if we did workshops on a regular basis we would be more relaxed. BTW I love your work!

03ahmed said...

Looking forward to watching this one develop! It is looking great! Well done on the workshop too!