Thursday, February 24, 2011

Another Scratchboard.

It has been great to be able to start on another board which helps take one's mind off the horrific devastation caused by the earthquake in Christchurch, New Zealand.   We have seen nothing but sadness with loss of life, loss of homes and everything else that has gone on with the Queensland floods, not only here but also in Victoria, bushfires in Western Australia, then with our beautiful Nth. Queensland having to contend with Cyclone Yasi.  It has been never ending, and now this week with New Zealand's earthquake.  I have been to NZ on a couple of occasions and it is a beautiful country, I also have a photograph taken of myself sitting on a seat just across from the cathedral where so many lives were lost - our thoughts and prayers are with all of our Kiwi friends across the pond.

Since finishing Maggie "Nature Study" - I wanted to try and do something different and a little more challenging to what I have done in the past, so here is the piece I have started on and which I should have finished in a few more days.  Permission was given to use the reference photograph which was taken by my favourite photographer.

1 comment:

Rita said...

It sure sounds like there has been enough devastation in your part of the world for a while! I hope the recovery goes well and quickly.

You render animals with such love. This looks like it is going to be really something special. Venting with love is the best way!! :):)