Sunday, January 23, 2011

Rose in Oils - WIP

I have really been enjoying using my oil paints again, although so much messier than working on scratchboard and I also need a lot more workroom.  I have enjoyed working on this painting so much that I have not been able to leave it alone, and although not finished,  I am already planning on what I want to paint next.....I do want to start a scratchboard too but guess I will have to get the oil painting out of my system first.

As of this morning here is a few more hours work, and as you can see I still have a way to go.  This board is an 8" x 10" - originally a binned scratchboard that has been sanded back!!!!!!!! 

3 comments:

Rita said...

Wow! You have gotten a lot done. Looks very nice. You must have needed a break from the scratchboard. Variety is the spice of life, right?

Meowlissa said...

Its absolutely gorgeous :)

Judy said...

Thanks a lot Rita and Meolissa....yes variety is the spice of life and would you believe I finished the rose painting tonight. I'll check it out in the morning to see whether there is anything else I need to do to it, and now I will prepare another board for my next painting which will be of an Iris. After that.....who knows - maybe I'll want to do a scratchboard!!!!