Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year - new scratchboard


Happy New Year everyone, although to those Queenslanders in the 22 flood ravaged towns who have lost everything in the State's worst ever floods, it definitely is a sad start to the New Year and hopefully they will soon be able to return to their homes.  There has been no rain here in Brisbane today....Sunday 2nd January 2011 although it did rain again yesterday.....I think we have only seen the sun twice in the last couple of weeks which is unusual for Queensland which is known as the "Sunshine State".

If you would care to see just how devastating the floods are, I have posted a link below:-

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland

My news is that the 3 scratchart patterns I promised to have ready in the New Year are now completed, they are "Green Eyes", "Lola" and "Elegant Rose".  I am all "scratch patterned" out, although I still have one left to do for the Aus. Fine Art & Decorative Painting magazine.  The deadline isn't until February so I have some time to work on a board that I have wanted to do for some time.

I prepared the board last night by transferring the line drawing to a 12" x 16" board and managed to do a little work to it today with a long way to go.



3 comments:

Rita said...

Sorry to hear about the flooding! Such unusual weather all over it seems. we're used to some flooding every year, but there was some bizarre winter flooding earlier up in this area (near Fargo, ND-USA) because it got so cold so fast there was ice blocking and stopping up the river. I hope all those people will recover.

I can hardly wait to see this tiger!! That's a gorgeous and regal pose you sketched.

Happy New Year and I hope you see the sun!! :)

Serena said...

Happy New Year to you also, Judy! Yes, it's devastating to watch the news and see so many of our Queensland neighbours suffering such hardship with the floods. It's been crazy weather on a global scale.

Your latest scratch-art is off to a great start. I'll look forward to seeing it come to life on the board.

Judy said...

Thank you Rita....we saw the sun today....LOL, it has been a very hot and humid day here in Brisbane, though I'm not sure what the weather has been line in the flood areas. Here is the latest news on them:-

http://au.news.yahoo.com/local/qld/

My reference photo for the tiger is from one of my favourite photographers, so I hope I can do it justice.


Hi Serena, it certainly is devastating to see what our fellow Queenslanders are going through at the moment. I've done a little more work to the tiger but not enough to post yet.