Saturday, January 22, 2011

A few things.

Although I have not done any scratchboard work since finishing the tiger - "Morning Swim", I have been keeping myself occupied by finally painting, which I haven't done in such a long time especially since becoming addicted to scratchart!!!!!   I decided to drag out my oil paints, having used them only once in the past 12 months and years and years prior as I had changed over to acrylics - I have always loved painting roses and I decided it was about time to paint one to see if I could still handle painting with oils.  I took the photograph of this beautiful rose a few weeks ago and here is where I am at right now.


I love the whimsical designs of Jan McCraw (Ladybug Creations) and I painted the centre design on this shopping bag quite some time ago and thought it was finished until I had the bright idea to paint another design in the right-hand panel, which now means I need to paint one more in the left-hand panel.......when? - I do not know!  I have painted more than 70 of Jan's designs over the years.




And finally, I was asked to put on a display of some of my scratchboard work at quite a large library south of where I live and due to the recent Queensland floods, I was unable to go back there to take photographs until last week, here is just one which is not the best due to the boards being displayed behind glass.

2 comments:

Rita said...

Can still see that it is a beautiful display of your work!

Cute paintings on that bag and what a start on the rose. Must be quite a change to go back to oils after all those years. Looks great! I hope you'll show us when it is finished. :)

Judy said...

Hi Rita.....thank you for always taking the time to comment on my work, which I appreciate very much. Yes, it is a big change with using oils after so many years and especially after acrylics as well, but I am enjoying painting with them.