Saturday, January 29, 2011

Another Oil Painting

I am still in painting mode with this being the start of my second oil painting for this year......an Iris,  from a photograph I took some time ago.  The original plant was growing at my parents home and prior to the house being sold after their passing in 2005, I dug up a few bulbs and now have it growing in my garden.  The painting has progressed since this photograph was taken and I still have a way to go - roses I feel, are a much easier, or should I say, simpler flower to paint.


3 comments:

Serena said...

I'm lovin' the colour!

Rita said...

Looks great so far. Sounds like it has a lot of sentimental value, too. :)

Judy said...

Hi Serena...the iris is a beautiful colour in real life.

You're right Rita, the plant does have a lot of sentimental value.