Monday, November 15, 2010

Animal Magnetism

I entered a few of my scratchboards into the Laidley Art Show which was held this past weekend and which is the first time I have entered.  Actually I did not know their was a show held in this town until a couple of months ago - you could enter an unlimited number of entries in any medium in each category so I thought it would be a great opportunity to show some of my scratchboard work and which is often the case, no one had heard of scratchboard and it certainly created a great deal of interest.

My friend Margaret and I travelled out to Laidley on Saturday afternoon so that we could attend the opening and stayed overnight in a motel which saved a trip back to Brisbane and then having to go back on Sunday to collect my work.

I was hugely surprised when I saw that my "Animal Magnetism" won 1st Place in the Animal Category and also "Champion of the Show"!!!!!  I have to say I was on a high for quite a few hours afterwards and now that it is Monday morning I have come back down to earth although still thrilled to bits.





6 comments:

Rita said...

Congratulations!!! Well deserved and doesn't surprise me one bit. Your work is amazing. You are so talented! I just discovered you online, but am so impressed with your work and very happy for you!! Again--congrats!!! :):):)

Judy said...

Hi Rita, thank you very much. I still cannot believe I won "Champion of the Show" but have come back down to earth today.

Rita said...

Something like that doesn't happen every day. Hey--you don't have to come down to earth for a good long while!!! Soar, Baby! Soar!! ;)

Lorraine Ulen said...

Judy - a well deserved honor!! Congratulations, although I am not at all surprised! Well done!!

ivana said...

Your work is lovely Judy. Congratulations and all the best

Judy said...

Thank you Lorraine and Ivana, it's back to doing more "scratching" now.