Monday, August 16, 2010

Painting and Scratchboard.

I decided that I must leave doing scratchboards for a while and get back into painting and commenced painting a rose in oils.  I just couldn't motivate myself to keep at it and have put it aside for now and have already prepared another scratchboard to start on, so will post a picture when done although I don't know when that could be and will depend on whether I get back to my painting.

Today the 16th August, I had to go back to the Brisbane Exhibition to collect the two scratchboards I had entered in the Art Show,  one being "Intense Concentration" and the other "Bless Me".  My friend and I went to the EKKA last Friday week the second day of the show to see how we went with our entries (her entry was in the beading section) which is when I discovered I had two 2nd places for decorative painting, pics of which I have already posted to my Blog.   Neither of my scratchboards received a place in the particular category they were entered in but "Bless Me" SOLD!!!  I had no idea of this until this morning when I went to collect them, I was so excited I couldn't get home quickly enough to pass on my news.  The original photograph was used with permission and taken by a fellow Queenslander who said the lion was about to sneeze, therefore the title "Bless Me".







No comments: