Saturday, July 24, 2010

Awards - My News

This week I entered a few of my scratchboards into a local show which is held each year, and today, Saturday 24th July, I am pleased to say that out of the 5 scratchboards I entered, 4 received places.  In the one section which includes Representational Art ie. Water Colours, Oils, Pen & Ink etc. only a 1st prize and HC is given, no 2nds or 3rds but in Cottage Handcraft which is in another building altogether I received 1, 2nd & 3rd for my boards and 1st and 2nd for fabric painting.  So I am very happy with the results.

1st Prize - Other Recognised Art Forms.
Unfortunately I was unable to get a photograph without reflection - This is a scratchboard I did recently showing the Bible which belonged to my Dad, my Gr. Grandfather's pocket watch and flowers which were grown from a plant given to me for Mother's Day 2009 from my younger son.

"Memories"


To see better photographs of the above piece check out the WIP pictures in the month of May.

COTTAGE HANDCRAFTS
Any Other Work

"Tabby Eyes" - 1st Place
"Thoughtful Gaze" - 2nd Place
"Hypnotic Stare" - 3rd Place

(The white line across the top of "Tabby Eyes" is the reflection
of the fluorescent light in the building.)



Fabric Painting

White bag with Spaniel - 1 st Place.
Black Bag - 2nd Place.

4 comments:

Pat said...

Congrats on your successes! xx

Judy said...

Thank you very much Pat.

Kristy said...

Congratulations, well deserved you are a talented artist!

Serena said...

Congratulations, Judy....that's great news and well deserved too!