Saturday, June 19, 2010

Oil Painting.

When I first started painting quite a number of years ago I used oil paints and as usual I just jumped into the deep end without ever having been taught the correct way to use them, if there is a correct way!  Recently I obtained quite a few tubes of oil paint so I decided after a very long time to give oils a try after having used acrylics which I must say took some getting used to with the drying time after oils.  So here are a few oil paintings I did all those years ago plus a WIP of the white Boxer puppy that I recently did as a scratchboard.

This painting is years and years old and now hangs in my bedroom.

I did this painting for my Mum and she had it hanging in her lounge room forever.  After her passing in 2005 I had the painting re-framed with the frame being a garage sale find.  I can't believe I painted it such a long time ago.


This is Mt. Tibrogargan which you can see on the way to the Sunshine Coast.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Tibrogargan


My WIP of Vito and Roses (permission by his owner was given for me to use this photograph as my reference.)  As you can see I have a long way to go before it is completed.


No comments: