Sunday, March 28, 2010

Something Different in Scratch - WIP.

Firstly on a sad note, yesterday our adopted cat "Mr. Tom passed" away peacefully underneath our back stairs....he will be missed.  I recently posted the story of how we came to look after him at the link below:-

http://httpmyblogblogspotcom-judy.blogspot.com/2010/03/dogs-dogs-and-more-dogs-and-one-cat.html

This week I decided to try something different with regards to scratchboard art......a teddy bear!!   I was not real sure as to how to go about scratching the fur as it is quite short, thick and curly and as usual I jumped into the deep end and decided to use my fibreglass brush hoping that I would be able to achieve the effect I wanted and so far so good.  I still have a way to go to finish the board with a little more work on the eyes to be done and I will use a craft knife to scratch in the little jumper he is wearing.  The next thing is whether to colour or not to colour the jumper!!! Here at least is a pic of his head.

No comments: