Saturday, March 13, 2010

Dogs, dogs and more dogs and one cat.

As I've mentioned previously dogs are my favourite subject - I have always been a dog lover but since losing my Boxer Jess who we had for 12 years and then Luke another Boxer we rescued but only had for 4 years and who both died of cancer, we have not taken on owning another dog just yet. 

We do look after a cat though that used to live opposite us and the owners moved a few blocks away taking the cat with them but everyday we would see him walking back up our street to his old home.  Even though the owners would collect him it didn't deter him from coming back again and again so eventually he was left.  We have, I guess adopted him, as we have been looking after him for the past 6 years and with him fending for himself for so long he was quite ferral and he couldn't be touched without him trying to bite and scratch.  With the oncoming winter we put a box with bedding in it at our front door and would find him asleep in the box in the morning.  Now he is almost blind and he calls early morning and night for his food and sleeps in our lounge room when it is raining but will not stay inside at any other time.  I have to say it is due to the perseverance of my partner that he is so friendly now, initially his nickname was Mr. Tom, it's now Tom but he has on occasion been upgraded to Thomas.


Mr. Tom.

Guess I better get to the dog pics.



My beautiful girl Jess and her toy bone, painted with Matisse Liquid Pencil.


One of my early scratchboards,  Jess to this day I still miss her.


Luke our wild boy, painted with Matisse Liquid Pencil.


"Ready for the Game"
Another one of my early boards and also a favourite.


"Yorkie"
This scratchboard was featured in the Aus. Fine Art & Decorative Painting magazine
Vol. 16 #8

No comments: