Thursday, February 4, 2010

Paintings

I have the feeling that I will eventually have more pictures of scratchboard than of painting even though painting has always been my passion, so today I decided to post  a few pictures of of work I have done.  One of my favourite flowers to paint has been the rose although I do paint other subjects.

"A Rose for Hazel"
This painting became my first ever painting pattern packet.

"Rose and Butterfly".
2nd Prize at our local Mt. Gravatt show 2008.

"Rainbow Lorikeet & Gumnut Blossoms".
I have this painting hanging inside by my front door.

Moonlit Rose - Sold.

"Tenterfield Guardian"
A photo was taken of this boy sitting on the back of his owner's ute when we made a trip to the town of Tenterfield where my Mum was born, and is just over the Queensland/NSW border.  This painting won for me 3 beautiful books when I entered him into the Aus. Fine Art and Decorative Painting magazine's "Painters' Palette".  I also managed to make contact with the owner of the dog who told me his name was "Boots", obviously due to him having 4 white feet.

1 comment:

Maer aka Marilyn Harris-Mills said...

oh my goodness the bird looks so real and I thought at first glance it was a photo....fabulous painting..awesome